As we face our first holiday away from home, it has been on the forefront of our minds how thankful we are. Although we could never make a complete list of all the many things we are thankful for, we will try to name a few.
- We are thankful for a God who has a perfect plan for our lives and loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for our sins.
- We are thankful for each other and the six wonderful years of marriage that we have experienced (with a lifetime more to come).
- We are thankful for the unique opportunity to live in Oxford, England.
- We are thankful for the opportunity to attend school at a world-class university.
- We are thankful for our supportive families who continue to show their love for us across the pond.
- We are thankful for wonderful friends who haven't forgotten us, send us packages, and check on us daily.
- We are thankful for Dustin and Ashley who give us so much peace to know that Oliver is in good hands.
- We are thankful for the new friends that we have made from all over the world.
- We are thankful to be citizens of the greatest country in the world.
- We are thankful that Texas will be the only place that we ever truly call home.
- We are thankful for our basic needs: food, clothing, and shelter. Although we don't have many of the luxuries we once took for granted, we have learned you only need a few things to survive...and love!
|Our feast that everyone contributed to|
|Our gracious host, Daniel, carving the turkey|
|On our walk home tonight we noticed that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!|